Sunday 17 June 2007

Ktj's band.

This has just arrived in the USA and so I can now post the photos.




The Band here was started by Ktj, whose work you can see at the top. The second section was added by Margaret. My addition is the bottom section.



Ktj's graceful design has been beautifully complimented by the exquisite knot garden design added by Margaret. The details she has been able to incorporate are truly awe-inspiring. I knew I could not follow with a design as complex. Indeed, it took me some while to feel brave enough to feel I could add to it.
Luckily, the cherry trees in the gardens around my house had all started to come into flower. So my design took the form of a postbox shaped picture taken across a cherry tree's bark showing some blossom and opening leaves. The following picture shows my initial sketch.




No comments: